We all know that our brains find patterns in things. We connect seemingly random happenings and coincidences into grand scenarios of meaning. I’m not sure why we do this. Maybe to reassure ourselves that there’s some meaning to this f’d up world, that we’re not just sitting idly by, blind to what happens to us or where the day takes us. If we can see enough of these connections then maybe we can use them to control our destinies. Maybe if we just look hard enough, we can save lives….just like Kiefer Sutherland. Maybe.
So, this happened.
I could do this shit all day.
This is what my brain does almost constantly.
I see “omens.” If I audition for The Crucible, that night
Daniel Day Lewis shows up at my house it’s on TV. When I was planning my wedding, every TV show and song on the radio was about a damn wedding. When your period is late, every commercial you see if for baby crap.
You never noticed? Well, congrats, you probably will now.
So just what was Come On, Mr. Sunshine trying to tell me on Friday?
Well, it could be a number (pun intended) of things:
- Maybe it really wants me to enjoy the sweet sound of R.E.M. and Nirvana as both “Man on the Moon” and “Lithium” have 56 “yeahs” in them.
- It’s telling me that I’m destined to play Marilyn Monroe in Bombshell because Joe DiMaggio had a base hit in 56 consecutive games with the Yankees in 1941.
- It thinks I’m adorable and is connecting that to the fact that apparently Shirley Temple wore exactly 56 curls in her hair.
- My blog admires my independence and as there were 56 signatures on the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
- It’s warning me of some sort of Apocalyptic disaster by alerting me to pay attention to Aristole’s theory that there are 56 layers of the Universe.
- Then there’s all this crap about the Aubrey holes at Stonehenge.
I guess we’ll never know…
All of the information above came from Wikipedia, because I’m lazy.